How the transfer works in practice

Employers Levy paying employers can transfer levy funds to other employers who wish to receive a transfer, in order to pay for their Apprenticeships training and assessment. Levy-paying employers can transfer up to 25% of their Apprenticeship levy, allowing them to use their levy pot more effectively.

Passing on a portion of the levy means businesses can help fund training in smaller companies or those in their supply chain that might not have the resources to fund Apprenticeships themselves.

Are you an organisation interested in apprenticeship but don’t have the funds, you need to know the below?

If you want to receive a transfer from another employer you must be aware of the following:

  • you can only use the transferred funds for Apprenticeship training and assessment
  • transferred funds can only be used for Apprenticeship standards
  • you’ll need to create an account on the Apprenticeship service to receive the transfer and pay for Apprenticeship training
  • you’ll need to sign an agreement with the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA)
  • transfer payments will be made monthly from the sending employer to your Apprenticeship account
  • you won’t have to pay any funds back to the sending employer
  • if the employer sending you funds runs out of funds, you must make a 5% contribution to the cost of Apprenticeship training and the government will pay the remaining 95% (this is called co-investment)
  • a transfer can fund up to the funding band maximum of a standard, if the cost of training is more, you’ll have to pay the difference to the training provider
  • if a training provider transfers funds to you, they cannot deliver the training for that funded Apprenticeship
  • funding rules around transferring Apprenticeship funds

Greaves Consultancy can provide support for any organisation who has sustainable case for apprenticeship funding, Contact us below!